Corn and Crab Chowder
- 1 pkg (4 oz) Italian Classics Diced Pancetta
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Celery & Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cartons (32 oz each) Chicken Stock
- 2 large (about 1 3/4 lbs) potatoes, peeled, 1/2-inch dice
- Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 16 oz Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 1 sweet red pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pkgs (16 oz each) Sweet Whole Kernel Corn (Frozen Foods)
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chopped Thyme
- 2 cartons (8 oz each)Light Cream
Add pancetta to stockpot on MEDIUM. Cook 2-3 min, until crispy. Add onion, celery, and garlic; stir. Cook about 4 min, until soft but not browned.
Add butter; stir until melted and just starting to bubble. Add flour, stirring until completely blended. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan every 30 seconds, about 3 min.
Whisk in chicken stock. Add potatoes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Increase heat to MEDIUM-HIGH. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 min, until it comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to MEDIUM. Simmer 10-15 min, until potatoes are tender. While mixture simmers, add crabmeat to clean large bowl and gently break apart, removing any pieces of shell. Set aside.
Add pepper, corn, Tabasco, Old Bay, and thyme. Gradually stir in cream; return to simmer. Cook 2-3 min. Add crabmeat. Stir gently until soup is warmed through. Ladle into warmed bowls.