oatmeal - Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (and 1/8 tsp nutmeg, if making pumpkin version. Or just use pumpkin pie spice.)
- sweetener, such as 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (I used less, but I’ve cautioned you before about my lack of sweet tooth.)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (or applesauce or banana)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, or nondairy creamer, or water (scale back by a tbsp if using liquid sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 to 2 tbsp oil or favorite nut butter (if oil, scale the milk back by a tbsp)
- Optional: raisins, walnuts, brown sugar to sprinkle on top, etc.
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine raw oats, spices, pumpkin, and milk. Pour into a greased 1-cup ramekin (or two 1/2-cup ramekins) or a mini-loaf pan. Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it gets firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes, or until it reaches desired crispy-ness (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust).