Breakfast Yogurt Parfait with Granola
- For Granola:
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt of your choice (I usually get plain organic yogurt)
- 2 tbsp lime juice or juice of your liking to compliment fruits (optional – use if you choose a plain yogurt)
- 1 cup fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, mango, peach etc.)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
To make granola: In a medium sized bowl, mix granola, honey, olive oil, salt and cinnamon, if using. Pour onto a prepared sheet pan (with parchment or a sil pat) and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. stir, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Make flavored yogurt, if you’re making your own. Mix juice and yogurt together, and stir really well.
Start assembling your parfait: – Place yogurt in bottom of a dish (or wine glass) – Top with fruit of your choice – Top with granola
Keep layering in that order (yogurt, fruit, granola), until you have reached the top. Top with granola, and chill until ready to serve.