Cheesy Chicken Parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 boneless, skinless thin-sliced checken breast fillets (1bout 1 lb.)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (26.5 oz.) Hunts Spaghetti sauce, no added sugar
- 6 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
Place egg and parmesan cheese in separate shallow bowls. Dip each chicken breast fillet in egg, then cheese, coating well.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and cheese coating in golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside. Wipe remaining oil from skillet.
Pour sauce into skillet. Arrange chicken in sauce. Spoon some sauce over each peice of chicken and top each with a slice of cheese. Heat, covered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
*May used 3 boneless chicken breast fillets, sliced horizontally to make 6 thin fillets.