Onion Dip Caramelized
Chill for at least 2 hrs or several days
- 4 Cups chopped onions (2 large)
- Large pinch each salt and sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 1 pkg softened cream cheese 8oz
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion whites 1/2 cup scallion greens
- Tabasco sauce to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cook onion with salt and sugar in oil in a saute pan over med. heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and very soft, about 30 minutes. Add
thyme and garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
Deglaze pan with brandy off heat, scraping up any browned bits; let onions cool slightly.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire. Add cooled onions, 1/2 cup scallion greens and scallion whites. Season dip with salt and Tabasco; Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Garnish dip with additional scallion green, Serve with favorite dippers.