Chocolate Mummy Cookies
These chocolate mummy cookies are so much fun to make! Give each one their own personality and watch everyone enjoy your homemade cookies.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 12 small jelly beans, cut in half
- Betty Crocker® black decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube)
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix and cocoa. Add butter and egg; stir until soft dough forms.
On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 5-inch gingerbread man cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place 1 inch apart. Gather dough scraps; reroll until all dough is used.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just puffed and tops are dry. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Spoon frosting into reasealable freezer plastic bag; partially seal bag and cut 1/4-inch hole in 1 bottom corner. Or use decorating bag with flat tip with 1/4-inch-wide opening (#44). Gently squeeze bag to pipe frosting on cookies for bandages. Attach jelly beans for eyes; use black gel to make pupils in eyes. Store cookies in airtight container.