Potato Pierogi with Sour Cream-Chive Sauce
Skillet-cooked until golden brown and served with sour cream and chives, these potato pierogis are nothing like the kind you get from the freezer section!
- what you need
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-1/4 lb. red potatoes (about 4), peeled, cooked, mashed and cooled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 small shallots, minced, divided
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
MIX flour and salt in large bowl until blended. Cube half the cream cheese; add to flour mixture, then cut with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and warm water; mix until mixture forms ball. Place on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 min. or until dough is smooth and elastic; wrap in plastic wrap.
MIX remaining cream cheese, potatoes, onions and pepper until blended; set aside. Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 48 (3-1/2-inch) rounds, rerolling trimmings as necessary. Spoon 1 Tbsp. potato mixture onto center of each round. Brush water halfway around edge of each dough round; fold in half to enclose filling. Seal edges with fork.
BRING large saucepan of water to boil. Add pierogi, 12 at a time; cook 3 to 4 min. or until they float to the surface. Remove with slotted spoon; drain.
MELT 1 Tbsp. butter in large skillet. Add 1/4 of the shallots and 12 pierogi; cook and stir 4 min. or until pierogi are golden brown. Repeat, in batches, with remaining butter, shallots and pierogi. Mix sour cream and chives until blended. Serve with the pierogi.
kraft kitchens tipsSIZE-WISEEnjoy your favorite foods while keeping portion size in mind.MAKE AHEADPierogi can be made ahead of time. Prepare as directed but do not cook. Place in single layer on baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to freezer-weight resealable plastic bags. Freeze up to 3 months before cooking as directed. No need to thaw first.
You'll also love
- Pernil (Roast Pork Shoulder) 2 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Rigatoni "cake" 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Vegan Apple Turnovers 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Grammie's Polish sweet cherry cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bocconcini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Parmesan Corn Muffins 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)