Hot Corn lChile Dip
Prep time-25 minutes
Cook time-35 minutes
Serves-6 to 8 servings
- 5 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced finely
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cans diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper-jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaize
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- Tortilla chips or pita crisps, for serving only
Preparation time 25mins
Heat a grill on medium heat. Grill the corn until lots of the kernels have color. Cut off the kernels and set aside.
If serving immediately, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, jalapenos, onions and green and red bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes, until the peppers get great color on the outside. Add the chiles and stir for 30 seconds. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the pepper-jack, the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and green onions and stir until combined. Add the corn mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Pour into a small- medium size baking dish. Bake immediately, or cover with foil and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup pepper-jack cheese over the top and bake until bubbly,35 to 40 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chrisps.