Sweet Potato and Apple Pancakes
- 4 oz (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) all purpose flour
- 3 heaped tbsp rolled oats
- 2 1/2 oz (about 2/3 cup) wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 16 fl oz (2 cups) milk - we used whole milk
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- little oil
Adapted from homemade-baby-food-recipes.com
Lightly steam the chopped apple or simmer it in a very little water until tender.
Mix the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, wheat germ, baking powder and spices together in a bowl.
Place the sweet potato in a separate bowl and slowly stir in the milk. Add the eggs and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until everything is just moist, then stir in the cooked apple.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and spoon in the mixture to form individual pancakes. Remember - our recipe produces a fairly thick mixture... if you like yours to be runnier, then thin with a little more milk.
Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, then cool and serve.
Leftover sweet potato and apple pancakes may be frozen for up to one month.
Read more: http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/sweet-potato-and-apple-pancakes.html#ixzz2j8IuAa6e