Samples of Pie Crust Edgings
The possibilities for edging a pie are endless according to Martha Stewart's Thanksgiving edition magazine.
- One pie crust placed into a pie plate.
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Here are different edgings for your pie crusts:
1. Pinch dough to crimp, then use a fork to mark edge
2. Use a fork for crosshatch marks.
3. Braid three strips of dough and adhere them with egg wash
4. Flatten with a fork.
5. Pinch to crimp.
6. Cut tabs and alternate folding forward.
7. Mark twice with an inverted spoon.
8. Cut out leaf shapes, mark veins with a knife, and adhere with egg wash.