Green Chicken Chile Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 – 8 ounce packages of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (I recommend the Frontera brand), divided
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, or white sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (homemade version here)
- 8 medium sized tortillas (flour or corn)
- Salt, pepper to taste
Adapted from centercutcook.com
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine cooked, shredded chicken with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1 cup cheese, green chiles, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
Microwave tortillas for about 30 seconds so that they’ll be easier to roll up.
Divide the mixture evenly among 8 medium sized tortillas, and roll up. Place the tortillas in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, seam side down.
Top with remaining enchilada sauce, then cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle enchiladas with chopped fresh cilantro and serve immediately.