Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken Recipe - WW = 4 Points Plus
Easy, healthy and delicious slow cooker artichoke chicken the whole family loved.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (I used thighs) (Each piece of chicken should be about 4 ounces each.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from ziplist.com
Coat the ceramic insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place the chicken in the slow cooker.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives, broth, wine, tapioca, parsley, basil and thyme. Pour mixture over the chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW, 4 to 6 hours or until fork tender. (Mine were fork tender at 4 hours so I switched the ninja to warm for several hours till dinner.)
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving 1 thigh and ¾ cup artichoke mixture: 195 calories, 6 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein and *4 PointsPlus
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving 1 breast and ¾ cup artichoke mixture: 165 calories, 3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein and *4 PointsPlus