Microwave "baked" apples
- 4 small apples
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 8 teaspoon(s) dried cherries
- 4 teaspoon(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) trans-fat free vegetable oil spread (60 to 70 percent oil)
- 8 teaspoon(s) chopped walnuts
- Read more: Microwave Baked Apples Recipe - Good Housekeeping
1. Cut off top 1/2 inch from each apple. With melon baller, core through stem ends without breaking through bottom.
2. Place in glass pie plate; sprinkle with sugar and spices. Divide cherries, water, and vegetable oil spread among cavities and tops of apples.
3. Cover; microwave on Medium-High (70 percent power) 8 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes. Top with walnuts.
Read more: Microwave Baked Apples Recipe - Good Housekeeping