Apple Crisp with Oat Topping
This is an easy apple crisp and the topping is wonderful!
- 6 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
3.Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
4.Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.