Cherry Chocolate Chippies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup well-drained maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
HEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
COOL 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.