Lemon Butter Flank Steak
- # 1/2 lb. beef flank steak
- # 142 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- # 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- # 4 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- # 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- # 2 cloves garlic, minced
- # 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- # 1 recipe Lemon Butter (below)
- # 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- # 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- # 2 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
1. Place steak in a shallow dish. Add cilantro, half of the olive oil, the lemon peel and juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and the red pepper. Turn steak to coat. Cover; chill 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Lemon Butter; set aside. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat remaining oil over medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Cook steak 15 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once. Cover; let stand 10 minutes.
3. Add vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve steak with vegetables and Lemon Butter. Makes 4 servings.
Lemon Butter: In bowl combine 3 Tbsp. softened butter; 3 Tbsp. minced lemongrass; 1/4 cup cilantro; 1 Tbsp. lemon juice; and salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.