Coconut Lemon Torte
- 1 (14 oz.) cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel, if desired, and food coloring, if desired, in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Chill.
HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans generously with flour no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly.
REMOVE crust from top of each cake layer with sharp knife. Split layers. Spread equal portions of lemon mixture between layers and on top to within 1 inch of edge
FROST side and 1-inch rim on top of cake with whipped topping. Coat side of cake with coconut; garnish as desired.