Peach Delight Pie
- 2 1/2 cups (2 to 3 large) peeled, sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for topping
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
COMBINE peaches, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and almond extract in medium bowl. Stir well. Let stand while making crumb mixture and crust.
COMBINE flour, brown sugar, nuts and butter in small bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
HEAT oven to 425°F.
PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Trim edge of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired. Sprinkle half of crumb mixture over unbaked pie crust.
POUR peach filling into unbaked bottom crust. Top with remaining crumbs.
ROLL out dough for top crust. Cut heart shapes out of dough with cookie cutter. Place on filling around edge of pie with heart tips pointing to center.
BRUSH hearts with egg white. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
BAKE at 425°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes or until crust browns. Serve barely warm or at room temperature.