Fabulous Wet Burritos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (can substitute a can of Rotel tomatoes or another can of enchilada sauce)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use Monterrey Jack or Cheddar or a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.Crumble ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Add onion, and cook until translucent. Drain grease, and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
2.In a saucepan, combine the chili without beans, tomato soup and enchilada sauce. Mix well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm.
3.Place a warmed tortilla on a plate, and spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto the center. Top with lettuce and tomato to your liking. Roll up tortilla over the filling. Spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
*Can place burritos on a baking sheet and bake @ 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted then top with lettuce and tomatoes.