Southern Chicken-Cornbread Casserole
- 3 cups cubed (1 inch) cooked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cornbread Topping
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1 Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2 In large bowl, mix chicken, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sour cream and milk. Season well with salt and pepper. Fold in cheese and green onions. Spoon mixture evenly into dish.
3 Make cornbread mix as directed on pouch, substituting cream style corn for the milk and adding the egg and melted butter. Spread evenly over chicken mixture.
4 Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
NOTE: A 4.5-oz can of Old El Paso® chopped green chiles can be added to the chicken mixture for a little spice.