Apricot Coconut Macaroons
- 1 cup dried apricots*
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites
Adapted from karosyrup.com
1.Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Chop apricots into small pieces, about 1/2-inch thick. Place coconut and apricot pieces in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3.Combine water, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Pour boiling water–sugar mixture into the bowl containing the coconut and apricot. Add vanilla and almond extracts; stirring thoroughly. Stir in egg whites until combined. Mixture will have a thick consistency.
4.Using a cookie scoop, place small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops and bottoms of the macaroons are lightly browned.
5.Store macaroons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
*VARIATION: Use 1 cup chocolate chips, dried cherries, (maraschino cherries, drained and chopped) or toffee pieces in place of the dried apricots.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Burritos 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- brownie - Paleo Sweet Potato... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pear Tart with Almonds 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Greek Meatballs with Lemon and... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Tropical Coconut Oil Granola 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Blue Cheese-Apricot Bites 4.6/5 (7 Votes)