Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza Pie
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 lb. sweet Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 28-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside.
In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle sausage over dough; top with mozzarella cheese. In the same skillet, sauté peppers until slightly tender. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; spoon over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until crust is golden.
Makes 8 servings.