Brownie Peanut Butter Bombs
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C confectioners sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1 C miniature chocolate chips
- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix, baked & cooled
- 18 oz semisweet chocolate
1. Make the brownies according to the box. Make sure to follow the direction to.make fudgy brownies & NOT cake -like ones. Cook in a 13"x9" pan. Cool.
2. Peanut Butter Filling: While brownies are cooling, make the peanut butter balls. In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners sugar, salt & vanilla.
3. Chill the peanut butter mixture for 15-30 mins in the freezer to make it easier to roll into balls.
4. Remove from freezer, scoop TBSP of mixture & roll into a ball. Repeat with all the peanut butter mixture.
5. Cut the brownies into small squares, about 1 - 1 1/2 " size. Pick up a square & gently flatten it with your palm.
6. Place a peanut butter ball in the middle of the flattened brownie & very gently wrap the brownie around the peanut butter ball. Don't worry if the brownie starts to break or crack or the peanut butter oozes out the sides. No big deal! Just roll it around in your hands until the brownie completely surrounds the peanut butter ball the best you can. Repeat with remaining brownie squares & return to the freezer for 30 mins.
7. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler. Using a fork, dip each brownie peanut butter ball into the chocolate, coat completely & allow excess to drip off. Set on a wax paper covered plate or baking sheet & sprinkle the tops with mini chips. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.