Chicken Breast Stuffed With Feta Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomato
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled finely
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
- olive oil
- toothpick (or Butcher String)
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Saute garlic and red bell pepper, in Olive Oil, for about 3 minutes (just enough to"combine" the flavors).
Put aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine Feta cheese, breadcrumbs, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and red pepper mixture.
Toss until well mixed (this will be your "stuffing").
ay a flattened piece of chicken breast on a cutting board or your counter.
Put a 1/4 of the above mixture on the flattened chicken breast like you would be making a burrito and roll as tight as you can get it.
Secure it with a toothpick or butcher string.
Place chicken breast "roll" on a baking sheet (I spray it with Pam so it
doesn't stick), brush with olive oil (this gives it a nice golden brown texture), and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F.
I guess you could try it on a grill, but I never attempted it yet!
Garnish with chopped green onion and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Onion Soup with Roquefort 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Brown Rice Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pretzel Wrapped Bratwurst 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Poor Man's Philly Beef and Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Speedy Chicken Marinade 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Crispy Chicken... 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Teleme Cheese Risotto with... 4/5 (1 Votes)