Amish Broccoli Salad with Bacon
This broccoli salad is just delicious! Made it exactly as the recipe said...everyone loved it! Some people like to add some sunflower seed and / or raisins. Make it your own!
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar- can use sugar substitute as well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Combine the chopped broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and salt to make a creamy dressing.
Add the dressing to the broccoli–cauliflower mix, stirring to evenly coat the vegetables.
Stir in the bacon and the cheese, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of the salad just before serving.
Chill in the refrigerator for and least one hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Nancy's Delicious Oatmeal Raisin... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Palócleves (Lamb Soup With Sour... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato/Tomato Paste Salsa 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Auntie Vila's Keke Pua'a (Samoan... 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- "Man Candy" Sweet & Spicy Bacon 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pasta with Broccolini and Sausage 4.6/5 (15 Votes)