Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
OR Healthy Pancakes
1 ripe banana + 2 eggs = pancakes!
250 calories, nearly 14g of protein, gluten free, dairy free, low calorie, and delicious!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (I use King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted + butter for frying
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100 % pure maple syrup for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the honey, eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk together thoroughly, but do not overmix.
Gently fold the mashed bananas into the batter with a spatula.
Heat a griddle or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Swirl enough butter around the pan until it is well coated. Add pancake batter using a soup ladle.
When the pancakes have begun brown on the bottom, flip them over to cook the other side.
Serve with warm maple syrup and a side of fruit. And don’t forget to freeze the leftovers for another day!