Makloubeh with Cauliflower and Potatoes
- 1 largecauliflower
- 5 mediumpotatoes or 5 mediumpotatoes
- 1 1/2 lbslamb or 1 1/2 lbschicken or 1 1/2 lbsbeef, cubed
- 2 cupsrice (soak in hot water)
- 1/2 teaspoonallspice
- 1/2 teaspoonpepper
- 4 teaspoonssalt (or more)
- 1 onion
- 1 dashgarlic powder
- 2 tablespoonsbutter
- oil (for frying)
- 3 1/2 cupswater, and or 3 1/2 cups meat broth
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 95mins
1. Boil meat in water, skimming the froth as it appears on the surface.
2. Add Allspice, Pepper, salt, and garlic and cover.
3. Let meat simmer over moderate heat until tender.
4. Strain broth into a bowl. Reserving meat for later use.
5. Break the Cauliflower into medium-sized flowerets. Sprinkle with salt, then fry in deep hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Do the same with the potatoes (cut in large cubes).
7. In a 4-quart pot, saute onion and meat. Cover meat with cauliflower, potatoes, and drained rice.
8. Add brother or water to cover the rice.
9. Let it all come to a fast boil. Then reduce heat.
10.Cook covered for 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. Remove from fire.
11.Let cool for 1/2 hour, then turn pot upside down in a large platter or a large plate.
12.If desired, garnish with sauteed pine nuts.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster Alfredo Sauce 3/5 (6 Votes)
- All Bran cranberry apple muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Homemade Sausage and Lentil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Polish Sausage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Tea Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cauliflower and red lentil curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower, leek and Parmesan... 0/5 (0 Votes)