The village salad, horiatiki, is ubiquitous on Greek tables. It's a wonderful summertime staple to serve with grilled meats and fish.
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and sliced W' thick (3 c)
- 3 med tomatoes, halved and sliced W' thick (3 c)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced 1f4" thick (1 c)
- 2 oz feta cheese, sliced, or 1/2 c feta cheese crumbles
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and halved lengthwise (2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
Preparation time 15mins
ALTERNATE slices of cucumber and tomato around rim of large platter, spiraling inward. Scatter onion on top. Layer on feta and scatter olives over top. Drizzle all over with oil. Sprinkle with salt, oregano, and pepper.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVING: 109 cal, 3 9 pro, 8 9 carb, 8 9 fat, 2 9 sat fat, 8 mg chol, 2 9 fiber, 332 mg sodium