Weeknight Pepper Steak
- 1 pkg McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin or flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 med green or red bell pepper (or 1/2 of each), cut into thin strips
Mix gravy mix, water, soy sauce and peppers until well blended.
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak; cook and stir 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in gravy mixture, onion and bell pepper.
Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice, if desired.