No need to spend money on fancy truffles when you can make them at home! These are flavored with chocolate and espresso, a match made in heaven.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
In a large saucepan, heat the cream and instant espresso powder over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture bubbles around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the semisweet and bittersweet chocolate, and stir until melted.
Add the liqueur (if using) and vanilla and stir to combine. Transfer to a shallow bowl, cover loosely, and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
Using a small spring-loaded scoop, a melon baller, or a teaspoon, drop 1-inch balls of the chocolate mixture onto a wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
Place the cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. Roll the chocolate balls in the cocoa, then transfer to a wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Vanilla Fruit Salad 4.4/5 (87 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert 4.4/5 (82 Votes)
- Amish Macaroni Salad 4.3/5 (89 Votes)
- Browned Butter Milk Chocolate... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Beer & Pretzel Caramels 4.5/5 (71 Votes)