Sausages with White Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 6 whole sweet Italian sausages (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 6 cups cooked white beans with 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid
- 1 14-to 15-ounce can plum tomatoes in juice; tomatoes chopped, juice reserved
- 2 large fresh sage sprigs
- 1 cup (or more) water
Adapted from epicurous.com
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic. Sauté garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
Add sausages; sauté until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup reserved bean cooking liquid, tomatoes with juice, and sage.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Add beans and 1 cup water.
Cover and simmer until sausages are cooked through, adding more water by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 30 minutes.
Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens, if desired.
Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Camotes Enmielado - Candied Sweet... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bagels 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- SweeTango Apple, Bacon & Cheddar... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Turkey-Apple Swedish Meatballs 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- No Fuss Bacon Tomato and Cheese... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- (Crockpot) Black Bean Soup II 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Double Pork Sausage 4.4/5 (11 Votes)