Apricot Pecan Bread
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
COMBINE apricots and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Cool.
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in nuts. Combine apricots, egg, buttermilk and melted shortening in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.