BACON CHEESEBURGER BOMBS
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands flaky layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef or 16 frozen (thawed) cooked mini meatballs
- 1 8 ounce block cheddar cheese cut into 16 cubes
- 1 pound bacon
- long toothpicks or skewers
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from google.com
1. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half, roll each into a ball. Roll out each ball with rolling pin or press with hands until about 3 inches in diameter.
2. In center of each biscuit round, place 1 teaspoon ground beef and 1 cube cheese. Roll up dough to completely enclose beef and cheese; pinch to seal well. Set aside. If using mini meatballs, gently insert 1 cube of cheese into center of meatball and wrap with dough.
3. Wrap each stuffed "bomb" with 1 bacon slice. Gently secure loose bacon with toothpick by inserting it through bacon and halfway into "bomb."
4. In 10 to 12 inch skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry stuffed "bombs" 4 to 5 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into center of "bomb" reads 160 degrees and dough is golden brown on all sides. (If needed, remove toothpick once bacon has fried on one side in order to flip them over in the oil.) Place on paper towels to cool. If using cooked meatballs, fry until hot in center and dough is golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.