Simple, refreshing, tart strawberry sorbet. Perfect on a summer afternoon.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring water and sugar just to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Cool.
Process sugar syrup and strawberries, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Blend until slushy and return to freezer until firm.
You'll also love
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.8/5 (564 Votes)
- Potatoes for a Crowd 4.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Chantal's New York Cheesecake 4.2/5 (194 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Tins 4.3/5 (176 Votes)
- Southern Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake 3.8/5 (283 Votes)
- Strawberry Bonbons 4.4/5 (146 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4/5 (203 Votes)