Simple, refreshing, tart strawberry sorbet. Perfect on a summer afternoon.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring water and sugar just to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Cool.
Process sugar syrup and strawberries, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Blend until slushy and return to freezer until firm.
You'll also love
- Mini Peach Cobbler Recipe 4.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Enchiladas 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake 4.2/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 4.3/5 (212 Votes)
- Strawberry Bonbons 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Ice Cream Bread 4.5/5 (63 Votes)