Simple, refreshing, tart strawberry sorbet. Perfect on a summer afternoon.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring water and sugar just to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Cool.
Process sugar syrup and strawberries, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Blend until slushy and return to freezer until firm.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (406 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)