Orange-Kissed Chocolate Brownies
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is pale yellow and thickened. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa powder. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating just until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the melted butter until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
2. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the 1/4 cup butter and the orange peel. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice, beating until combined. Beat in the remaining 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and enough of the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice to make a frosting of spreading consistency. Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate and the 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup. Cool for 15 minutes.
5. Slowly pour melted chocolate mixture over the frosted brownies. Tilt pan gently to spread chocolate over the whole top. Chill about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.
From the Test KitchenTo Store:
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw bars if frozen. Let refrigerated bars stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Baked Stuffed Eggplant 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones (Starbucks Copycat) 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Blackberry Strawberry... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- APPLE CRISP PIZZA 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcake with Lemon... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Orange-Coconut Angel Food Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)