Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats 1/2 cup
- (1 stick) butter, softened
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
-In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
-Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. -Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. --Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
-In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
-Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
-In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
-Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
-Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy! In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture