Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
Cider is spiced with cinnamon sticks, all spice, caramel and topped with optional whipped cream and drizzle of caramel if desired. Warm and soothing Caramel Apple Cider is perfect for the colder months of the year!
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Whipped cream, hot caramel ice cream topping and cinnamon sticks (3-inches), optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from facebook.com
In a 3 quart slow cooker, combine the apple cider, caramel syrup and lemon juice. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Garlic Potato Gratin 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Sparkling Citrus Punch 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Honey Butter 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Potato, Bacon & Onion Foil Packet 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Kebabs 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Guacamole Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)