Apple Pie Stuffed Spice Cookies
These apple pie stuffed spice cookies are perfect for fall and are surprisingly easy to throw together!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Spice cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can Comstock fruit filling (More Fruit Apple)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-Purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from searchingfordessert.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the melted butter, cake mix, egg, and vanilla in a bowl.
Using a mixer, blend until just combined.
Scoop out the dough by tablespoonfuls and flatten into 2-inch discs using your hands. (Alternatively, chill the dough for one hour, then roll out and cut 2-inch circles with a cookie cutter). Lay out half of the discs on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. (I use a Silpat on the baking sheet but you could also use parchment paper).
Place the fruit filling in a food processor and process until it is in medium sized pieces.
Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into the middle of each dough circle on the baking sheet. Top with another 2-inch circle of dough and press evenly around the edges to seal.
Mix together all of the streusel ingredients by hand or in a mixer until combined well.
Sprinkle about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of streusel on the top of each cookie.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
You'll also love
- Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli - Ina... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- No Bake Caramel Swirl Apple Butter... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Orange Cheesecake Cookie Cups 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Summer Pineapple Strawberry Cooler 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (28 Votes)