Sagu de vinho (Brazilian red wine pudding)
- 1 cup small pearl tapioca
- 1 cup water to soak the tapioca
- 2 cups red wine mixed with 1 cup water
- sugar to taste (Bordeaux)
- Optional- a little clove and cinnamon to taste
- Whipped cream for topping.
Adapted from pinkbites.com
Soak tapioca for about 1/2 hour.
In a separate sauce pan, add the wine mixed with water, sugar, with a dash of cloves and cinnamon to taste. (if using whole cloves be sure to strain them out before adding to the tapioca)Heat to a slow simmer and simmer a few minutes before adding to the tapioca.
Add the wine to the tapioca and bring to boil over low heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Then let cook for about 1/2 hour (until tapioca is clear), stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
Refrigerate. To serve, spoon into a small bowl and top with whipped cream.