Mexican Style Quinoa
Servings 8, Calories 186, Fat 2.9g, Carbohydrates 32.4g, Protein 7.9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 216mg, Fiber 4.6g, Sugars 2.8g, WW Pts 5
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 15 ounces whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 teaspoon organic canola oil
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 57mins
1.Place vegetable broth and tomatoes in a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
2.Heat olive oil to medium high. Add chiles and onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add quinoa, then garlic and paprika and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often. Add tomato mixture and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 30 minutes. Add peas and recover. Cook for 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 more minutes. Fluff and serve.