Key Lime Pie - Woman's Day 2013
- Ultimate Key Lime Pie
- 12 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can(s) (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup(s) (from about 4 limes) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lime zest
Ultimate Key Lime Pie
• 12 graham crackers
• 4 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
• 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
• 1 can(s) (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
• 4 large egg yolks
• 1/2 cup(s) (from about 4 limes) fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon(s) grated lime zest
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and 2 tablespoons sugar to form fine crumbs (you should have 1 1/2 cups crumbs total). Add the butter and pulse to combine.
2. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust; bake until the center is just set, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the wire rack; let cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Just before serving, using an electric mixer, beat the cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pie and sprinkle with the zest.