Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
I got this from "Cooking with David". I made it and feel so in love with this recipe.
- 1 –1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp bacon fat, reserved when cooking the bacon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 thick-cut bacon strips, chopped and cooked until fat is rendered, lightly crisped and browned
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside until you're ready to bake the cookies.
2.Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3.Beat the butter, bacon fat, and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, until light and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and mix well after each addition.
4.Add in the milk chocolate chips and chopped cooked bacon and mix until evenly distributed.
5.Spoon heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10–12 minutes. Let cool before eating.