Glazed Cranberry Lemon Cake
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (+ enough to grease pan), room temp.
- 1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 c. fresh cranberries, about 12 oz.
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 lemons
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar, plus more as needed
Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease bundt pan with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar in bottom of the pan and then distribute cranberries over the sugar.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, powder, soda and salt.
In a stand mixer bowl, add the sugar. Finely grate the zest of both lemons over the sugar and mix briefly.
Squeeze the juice from both lemons. In a liquid measuring cup, combine 2 Tbs. of the lemon juice, the buttermilk and vanilla. Reserve remaining juice.
Add the butter to the lemon zest-sugar mixture and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating the buttermilk mixture in 2 batches. Raise the mixer speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes to aerate.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly over the cranberries. Bake until the cake is browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cake on to a cake plate, lift off the pan and let cool completely.
Once the cake is cool, in a bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and 1 1/2 Tbs. of the reserved lemon juice until thick and smooth. Test consistency by drizzling over the cake and adjust as necessary with more sugar or juice. Drizzle entire cake and let sit for 15 minutes. Serves 12.
You'll also love
- LOBSTER ROASTED WITH GINGER -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Habanero Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Habanero Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Chicken Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Icebox Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Orange Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- W30/D: Crock Pot Lemongrass and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)