Beef Bourguignonne with Egg Noodles
This hearty entree actually tastes better when made a day in advance. Warm it up in a Dutch oven over medium heat until thoroughly heated, and keep warm in a slow cooker set to low.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2-1/4 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 bacon slices, chopped & divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (14oz) can less-sodium beef broth
- 8 cups halved mushrooms (~ 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (16oz) pkg frozen pearl onions
- 7 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat.
Cook half of bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add half of beef mixture to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon and beef mixture. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm.
Add chopped onion, sliced carrot, and minced garlic to pan; saute 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add bacon, beef, remaining 1/2 tsp pepper, mushrooms, tomato paste, chopped thyme, bay leaves, and pearl onions; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 hour or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
You'll also love
- Black and Tan Chocolate Pumpkin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Noodle Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig & Chile-Glazed Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar Macaroni Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Noodle Bowl 0/5 (0 Votes)