Garlic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 3 heads garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 - 3 1/2 lb roasting chicken
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, 1" pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 375°. Separate the cloves of garlic (you should have about 30 cloves) and peel. Mince 4 of the cloves. Set aside remaining cloves.
In a small bowl, combine minced garlic with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, 1 tbsp of the rosemary, the ground black pepper and ¼ tsp of the salt. Rub minced garlic over chicken.
Place 6 of the garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Tie legs to tail. k Twist wing tips under back. place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered for 1½ to 1¾ hours.
Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes, onion wedges, remaining garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of rosemary and ¼ tsp of the salt in a 13" x 9" baking pan. Drizzle vegetable mixture with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, toss to coat. Place in oven on a separate rack and roast, uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Broccoli and Sausage Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Skins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paprika Rubbed Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aloha Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli with Garlic Butter and... 0/5 (0 Votes)