Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level
with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through
nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2
knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour
mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400F
for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.
Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze
evenly over cooled muffins. Makes 12 muffins.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Dough Puffs w/ Lime Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond White Chocolate... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beer-Berry Homers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Curd 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Crunch 0/5 (0 Votes)