Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Bowl 1 Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Bowl 2 Ingredients:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/2 c. all natural Stevia in the Raw which has no calories/carbs)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk (I used 3/4 1% milk with 2 tbsp cornstarch whisked in to thicken slightly and provide less fat/calories)
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for bowl 1.
In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for bowl 2. Combine the dry ingredients into bowl 2 and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and the batter is smooth.
Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1/3 cup of batter.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan. (They will sink as they cool).
Chill cupcakes before serving. Top with cool whip and sprinkle with some pumpkin pie spice if desired!