Kale Chips with Toasted Lemon Zest
Wash and dry the kale leaves well in advance of roasting to ensure that they are completely dry. Serve these highly snackable chips in a wide, shallow dish, or cool to room temperature in a single layer so they don’t steam and become soggy. Either way, serve soon after roasting.
- 9 to 11 oz. mature curly kale, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. finely grated lemon zest (from about 2 large lemons)
- Kosher salt
Adapted from .finecooking.com
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F.
Pile the kale on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the kale and then season very lightly with salt.
Spread the kale evenly on the baking sheet and roast until it has begun to steam and dry out around the edges of the leaves, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, toss the kale, keeping it evenly distributed, and rotate the baking sheet to ensure even cooking. Continue to roast until the kale is dark green and shatteringly crisp, 7 to 10 minutes more. Some of the edges may begin to brown. Serve hot or at room temperature soon after roasting.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 80; Fat (g): 7; Fat Calories (kcal): 60; Saturated Fat (g): 1; Protein (g): 2; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 5; Carbohydrates (g): 4; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 160; Cholesterol (mg): 0; Fiber (g): 1;
Photo: Scott Phillips
by BobDNewYork, 10/1/2013My wife's friends really enjoyed the kale chips at a get-together and asked for the recipe. Just make sure to sprinkle the sea salt on the kale after it is spread out on the baking sheet. I also used parchment paper on the roasting pan. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Orange Cake Roll 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- BLACK BOTTOM BANANA BARS 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Cornbread Stuffing 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Supreme Biscuit Cups 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Dip 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Northern Spy's Kale Salad 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Garlicky Kale 4.8/5 (5 Votes)