Dark Chocolate Quinoa Truffles
- For the truffles:
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey (maple syrup or agave would also work)
- For the chocolate coating:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- Sea salt (optional as a garnish)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from queenofquinoa.me
1.Add the dates to a food processor fit with the steel blade and process until finely chopped. Add the remaining dry ingredients and process until incorporated.
2.Add the almond butter and process until combined. Slowly add the honey into the top of the food processor, while the machine is on, and mix until a thick dough forms.
3.Scoop the dough from the bowl and roll into 1-inch balls with your hand. Cool in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
4.While the truffles are cooling, whip up your chocolate coating by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and mixing until a chocolate syrup forms.
5.Remove the chocolate balls from the fridge and dunk / roll them in the melted chocolate sauce. Place them on a wire rack to set, and sprinkle with with salt, then transfer them to a parchment lined plate and refrigerate until the chocolate has set, anther half hour or so.
6.Store these truffles in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.