Sauteed Cherry Tomato Couscous
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Course salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place stock in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and remove immediatley from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add couscous, stir and cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. When hot, add tomatoes, spinach leaves, walnuts, garlic, and shallot. Saute for 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Add basil and toss ell. Season with salt and pepper.
Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to serving bowl. Add tomato mixture and gently combine.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Sandwich... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Orange Paprika-Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Tomato Pickles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Broccoli in Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orecchiette with broccoli rabe &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)